CFL WEEK 2

Goldenboy

Last week 3-1
Overall 3-1

On to week number TWO:

I like Montreal -11 v. Calgary
This is the Alouettes home opener. They are favourites to win the Grey Cup on home turf, and they face a really weak Stampeder team with a shaky quarterback. The fans in Montreal will be loud and energetic; too much for a rookier Stamp QB and a very weak defence. Pringle will get 150 yards this week.

I love B.C +3 at Hamilton
This may be a gift. Like the Stamps, the Tiger-Cats are less talented this year, and their secondary proved vulnerable last week in Regina. Marvin Graves beat them for crying out loud. The Ti-Cat offense is average at best, and the Lions passing attack led by Damon Allen could exploit the Ti-Cat D. This could be blow-out.

Toronto +8 v. Winnipeg
My lone loss last week was picking the Argos to cover against the Alouettes. I'm taking the Argos again because I don't think the Blue Bombers are as good as the Alouettes, and I think the boatmen's D could rattle the Bombers young pivot in Khari Jones. The Bombers blewout the Stamps last week, and we find out this week if they are for real. But until then, I still like the Argos to cover.

Edmonton -3 v. Saskatchewan
I still don't believe in Marvin Graves for the Roughriders and on paper the Eskimos have the better team. After the controversial firing of former Esk boss Don Matthews, things could get ugly of the green and gold lose another one, especially at home. I don't think it will happen, but then again the Green Riders can prove to the CFL they are for real if they win. I still like Nealon Greene and the Eskimos to win outright and cover the spread.

Comments welcome.

winnerpegger

At first glance, we may be on opposite ends on all four Goldenboy!

Your writeup has convinced me to look a little deeper before tossing my dimes
around!!

good luck this weekend!

BIGnate

Golden Boy:

I agree with BC; I went to the game last week and Allen was heating up towards the end. Also, if Drummond and Millington get going Hamilton might be in trouble. BC's DB"s will be okay because of the lack of speed in Hamilton's receiving corps. Also BC has won 8 of their last 9 games with Hamilton.

BC +2.5 --3units