Eric Who????????

winnerpegger

This from TSN .....

Report: Roenick off to Philly
(Jun 29) VOORHEES, N.J. (AP) - Six-time all-star centre Jeremy Roenick, who was to become an unrestricted free agent Sunday, has reached a deal with the Philadelphia Flyers, an NHL source told The Associated Press on Friday.

The Flyers scheduled a news conference for noon EDT, but wouldn't reveal any details. The source, speaking on condition of anonymity, said Roenick reached an agreement once the Phoenix Coyotes gave the Flyers permission to discuss a contract.

Roenick, a two-time 50-goal scorer, led the Coyotes in goals (30) and points (76) last season. Terms of the contract were not immediately known. Roenick earned $5 million last year and was seeking about $7 million.

Phoenix general manager Cliff Fletcher gave Philadelphia, Dallas and Detroit permission to speak to Roenick on Thursday. The 31-year-old centre is expected to play on a line with John LeClair.

Roenick began his career in Chicago and played eight seasons with the Blackhawks. He was sent to Phoenix before the 1996 season for a package that included Alexei Zhamnov and a first-round pick.

Roenick has 408 goals and 539 points in his 12-year career.

His signing gives the Flyers five centres, including Keith Primeau, newly acquired Jiri Dopita, Daymond Langkow and Kent Manderville.

The Flyers still are expected to trade disgruntled star Eric Lindros, a restricted free agent who sat out all of last season.

But general manager Bob Clarke has said that if a deal for Lindros isn't made before the free-agency period begins Sunday, he will proceed as if Lindros "didn't exist."

Pegger's Edit:
Keith Tkachuck was on a local radio station here last night and said also that this deal was all but done! He also mentioned rumblings were that Jagr would be a Ranger pretty soon and that all unrestricted free agents seem to be heading to Dallas where they're trying to unload Belfour & have already let go of Hull, muller, & maclean so he doesn't know why the talk is Dallas! He was silent on Turgeon but did say the Blues were comitted to making a winner and that Hasek talks are more then just talks!

cover

I hate the Flyers, but nice addition for them

[This message has been edited by cover (edited 06-29-2001).]

lasvegasles

Thanks, Pegger!! Like Cover I also can't stand the Flyers but Roenick would be a good acquisition for them. I think they should deal Lindros and end all that crap that has been going on but who know what goes on in Clarke's head. Hasek to the Blues?? Wow, wouldn't that be something! Thanks again for the update!

Phil Margonis

Go to hear from you again LVL. I'm sorry to hear about your throat.... but I'm sure you'll battle through it.

It looks like the there is now no need to sign the Big E. Tough break for Lindros.

Joe C

Nice work WP,that's a big pickup for the Flyers,as far as my RedWings go I'm beginning
to think that they are shills and aren't really bidding for any of these free-agents,
there name always comes up in the bidding wars but they always leave empty handed,as a
fan I smell a rat.