Horses 7/11

SeattleSlew

First, to clear up any confusion, when I list exacta plays next to one horse, such was the case yesterday when I had Salty Sea (and a box with Rajing Bull) I play my selection straight and do the box also....no big deal, but Azrusty mentioned something about the exacta box, and I hoped he had Salty Sea on a straight ticket after the exacta was deemed "no action" due to the other horse scratching....

Am denoting my plays with *'s today. In case anyone wanted to narrow it down to one or two plays. I like them all, and sometimes the * fringe plays end up hitting at bigger prices, but the higher *, the better it looks on paper....

*Belmont Race 1 - Market Meltdown (9/2) - This is a wide open affair, which boasts a couple of legitimate longshots. But I like the price on this one the best, especially with the surface switch and the leading rider getting the call. Playing this one to Win/Place with heavier emphasis on the Place.

**Belmont Race 2 - Findy (4/1) - The shipper gets the leading rider, and has the pace and speed numbers to take this one home. This will be third off the layoff, and won last time out. Playing Win/Place, with heavier emphasis on place.

**Belmont Race 7 - Summer Squeal (3/1) - The Chavez/Lake combo has produced a few double-digit winners for me, and no combo goes more overlooked. Lake is the man, and this one is the only runner he has going today. I also like the chances of Key on Ritchie (8/1) to crash the exacta. I am playing Summer Squeal to Win/Place and an exacta box with Key on Ritchie.

**Hollywood Race 2 - EXACTA - I like the fact that the Frankel and Lukas horses are ML 8/1, and 4/1 respectively. These are maidens, and these guys own two of the best first-out win percentages of any trainer. I am doing an exacta (part-wheel) here. 1,2/1,2,4,5....it may look expensive to novices, but it's not, and it has the best prices on top.

*Hollywood Race 3 - Two Out Rally (6/1) - Another maiden race. I like the first-out starter with rider Solis aboard. This one has the rail, and seems to have the pace scenario to make a run at favorite General Store (Stevens is aboard that one). Playing Across, scaling heavier place and show.

***Hollywood Race 5 - Scoring Slew (3/1) - I like the Slew genes, and like the way this one ran off the layoff last time out. He has the pace scenario he needs, and tactical expertise on board in the leading rider (Solis). Playing Win/Place.

**Hollywood Race 7 - EXACTA - Frankel sends out the chalk in this one (Speak in Passing). I don't particulary like the price I envision this one going off at, but hard to see it outside the exacta. I'm keying this one over and under two others -- 6/5,3 and 5,3/6....

See you railbirds later....

GL

SLEW

Joe C

Slew once again thanks for your picks as well
as your hard work that is essential when capping horses,unless somebody has capped horses they can't really appreciate all the hard work that goes into it,best of luck today my friend.

Azrusty

Yes, I had Salty to win but not Rajin.

I disputed the losing boxed perfecta's with Olympic and they regraded them to a push which is what I wanted.

Thanks Olympic.

And thanks SS for your picks.

AzRusty

Loueyville

Thanks Slew for keeping the thread moving. I actually have one play today. It comes from my man in California who is on a roll. Not much time to get it in....but here it is.

Ellis Park Race #1- Dixie Witch #4- This horse would have been favored at Churchill on closing day if she would have drawn into the race. My man say she is a runner and should win relatively easy here. Betting WIN and PLACE and hoping to kick Ellis off to a great start.

Louey

Loueyville

Going to add one more after the last winner payout was small...however, a win is a win and 45% return is ok...provided I can keep it up.

Ok...so I am taking half my profit and betting:

Ellis Park Race #5- Farma's Best #1- Used to own this one and had him claimed for 25,000 from us. Today he is running for 4,000 and I have to believe connections just want a win. Betting WIN and PLACE with 1/2 my profit from above.

Louey

SeattleSlew

Thanks guys....horse racing is a different animal altogether than team sports, and I am always careful to clarify my exact intentions with a race -- there are thousands of various wagers.

Belmont has been VERY chalky in the first 3, with each winner paying no more than $3.90. We'll catch a price eventually....

Louey, was wondering if you were going to do Ellis...now I know. Good luck.

SLEW

SeattleSlew

Hope someone else besides me caught that Key on Richie - Summer Squeal Exacta Box, paid $54....we go into Hollywood up a chunk of change...

SLEW

BigEd

Slew & Louey,

Just wanted to say thanks. Your analysis is very valuable, and I didn't think appropriate to keep "lurking" without sending you a big THANKS.

What really prompted this was #7 at Belmont this afternoon. I did an exacta box with 1-2-6 (6 and 2 were Slew's - I just threw in the ML favorite). $54 payout ain't bad. Keep up the good work.

BigEd

Loueyville

Another nice day as Farma's Best completes a 2 for 2 day and am riding Slew's hollywood picks with my profit.

Keep the winners going Slew.

Louey

SeattleSlew

Louey, I'm hitting Scoring Slew a little harder now (and a little more on Two Out Rally currently 12/1, General Store is rightfully getting all the attention)....it's always nice to hit those two horse exacta boxes, especially when you have it two or three times...

A big congrats on your first day at Ellis...and congrats to FBWinners (another from where we come from Lou)...he had a $16+ winner out at Belmont...

SLEW

froggy105

I am yet again lost in the terminology of horse betting. What do these two quotes mean?

"I am doing an exacta (part-wheel) here. 1,2/1,2,4,5....it may look expensive to novices, but it's not, and it has the best prices on top."

"I'm keying this one over and under two others -- 6/5,3 and 5,3/6...."

Loueyville

Froggy...the 1st one will cost $12 for a $2 exacta part wheel. Basically you would have a $2 exacta on 2-1,2-4 and 2-5 and 1-2,1-4 and 1-5.

The second one would cost you $8. You would have a $2 exacta 6-5 and 6-3 and 5-6 and 3-6.

The terminolgy just makes it easier to bet at the window instead of reading all these off to the man taking the bet.

Hope this helps

Louey

Joe C

Froggy the first one 1,2/1,2,4,5
means 1 or 2 have to win and 1,2,4,5 have to come second,calling it out like this is easier then 1/2,4,5 2/1,4,5,it's saves time
A key 6/5,3 means 6 has to win and 3 or 5 have to come second.
Same thing applies 5,3/6 3 or 5 has to win and the 6 has to come second.
If the 6 comes in 1st or second with the 3 or 5 you win.

Loueyville

Real nice Slew.....now let's hit that exacta in race 7 and I can buy some more furniture for the Louey's new house.

Great Day....hope it becomes fantastic!!!

Louey

SeattleSlew

Just missed that one Lou, came in 2-6-5....can't complain about today, though -- see everyone tomorrow....I'm off to go make some $$ on the second to last day at Lone Star....

SLEW