NFL Week 3

Raiders at Patriots
The Patriots enter this contest off a loss to the Seahawks as Cam Newton came up one yard short last weekend. Derek Carr's favorite target this season has been his tight end Darren Waller who caught 12 passes for 103 yards and a touchdown vs. the Saints. Patriots CB Gilmore will likely draw the primary assignment on Waller. The reigning Defensive Player of the Year allowed a 54-yard touchdown to DK Metcalf and that was the first touchdown Gilmore has allowed as the primary defender on a play since 2018.
Head coach Bill Belichick is 51-26 ATS when coming off a loss and New England is a tough out at home as in the past six seasons they are 34-07 straight up, can they win by 6 points and cover the spread? I believe so. The Raiders are playing off a short week and when they're off a Monday night game they are 1-6 ATS in their last seven in this situation. Raiders/Gruden are 3-8 ATS when the team is two time zones removed from the Pacific Time Zone. The Raiders certainly looked good in their home opener and I do not believe they will duplicate that feat this weekend. The Raiders are 05-10-01 ATS when on the road vs. non division opponents.
My selection is on the Patriots -5.5-points @ -114.