NHL Playoffs: Jets vs. Flames

jughead

So many variables in these first two rounds but as a Jets fan, I can’t pass up the opportunity to back them in the opening series at plus-money.

Game 1, playing Jets +117 for 1 unit

Series bet: Jets +112 (Bet Cris) for 2.5 units

Smaller play: Jets in 5 at +300 (SIA) for a half-unit

Go Jets Go!!

jughead

Looked forward to that game all day, and then it started to happen. Scheifele, Laine... just what WPG needed in a season where they already ranked 2nd in terms of 'games lost'.

Credit to Calgary, though. They came into the game with clear mission of being the grittier, tougher team. Looked like they were playing playoff hockey right from the get go, while Jets were still in 'March-mode'.

We'll see if WPG can recover and turn this into a series but odds are stacked pretty high against them now.

jughead

Monday, August 3, 2020 Update: Game 2; Jets are down 1-0 in series

The Winnipeg Jets are 1-9 SU in 2020 after allowing 3+ goals. 3 overs and 7 unders, outscored 3.0-1.8 avg.

They're going to have to dig deep to try and make this a series. Tough spot.

If they are up for the challenge, WPG could find a way to create scoring chances and maybe grind out a 3-2 win with some great goaltending from Helly. But if the Jets are undisciplined and end up giving Calgary a bunch of power play opportunities, this could turn into a laugher. At that point, WPG would probably pull their tender early, and I could see this one sailing over the total easily.

Leaning "Over" 5.5 at plus money but with all the uncertainty, I’m taking a pass.

jughead

Jets lineup with their two offensive stars out:

Connor-Copp-Wheeler
Perreault-Eakin-Ehlers
Harkins-Lowry-Roslovic
Bourque-Shore-Shaw

Morrissey-DeMelo
Kulikov-Pionk
Beaulieu-Poolman

Hellebuyck
Brossoit

Players missing from the Jets lineup for Game 2 vs. Calgary compared with last playoff win (April 16, 2019 vs. STL):

- Dustin Byfuglien
- Ben Chiarot
- Kevin Hayes
- Patrik Laine
- Bryan Little
- Tyler Myers
- Mark Scheifele
- Brandon Tanev
- Jacob Trouba

Here we go...