Raw is War

mjm44

What did everyone think about last nights Raw. ECW and WCW joining together against the WWF. Kind pf has a NWO feeling all of a sudden. Wonder who Linda is going to bring into the equation now that Steph is an owner and Shane is an owner. Things could start to get good again.

econostud

Yeah, I agree with you mjm44, things could get very interesting again. I still think that they need to sign some more "stars" for WCW like Ric Flair, Sting or Goldberg. I figure the only reason they brought in this ECW angle to the mix is because McMahon is worried about plummeting ratings with the WCW storyline and not being able to get WCW their own show on TNN. I figure buyrates for Invasion will still be low because there are not any viable stars on the WCW/ECW side of this battle.
With Heyman and Tazz on the WCW side of this battle it will interesting to see what they dp for a colour commentator for Smackdown tonight and for the next couple of weeks. I am praying that they bring back the King to handle the colour work tonight. I hope they do not just throw Doc Hendrix down there with Michael Cole for Smackdown tonight.

Bottom line, in order for WCW to prosper and have their own identity and their own seperate show, they need to go out and sign some big boys like Goldberg, Ric Flair and Scott Steiner, among others.

Phil Margonis

I popped huge last night for the ECW invasion. It was the greatest moment I've experinced watching wrestling.

And e-stud i agree with you to a certain extent. I do think Vince should go het 1 big guy that will lead WCW. Booker T is a rising star and is a very good worker but you can't rally a company behind him yet. I guess I'd go with Ric Flair as the commishoner of WCW again. He won't have to wrestle much and he's still good with the stick.

mjm44

From the inside sources on the net it apparently is going to happen like this... eventually the plan is for WCW and WWF to be split . In other words you might see Angle HHH or even Austin jump ship. The y plan on dispersing the talent evenly. It seems to me right now the heels are all WCW and all the faces are WWF that would be a way to sell this i think.

Bobby_Margonis

Wow, Raw was just amazing. Seeing ecw come down was great. I think it was a good idea to send lance storm and awesome was a great move. I think that Linda and Vince will actually reunite in order to fight wcw and ecw together, and they will become happy again in a sappy angle( which vince ill screw up by sleeping with stacy kiebler or something). This is gonna be a really interesting angle to watch, lets just hope vince doesnt do anything stupid.

Joe C

Look for King to come back as soon as the next Raw,terrific show last night from every aspect,is it me or does Stephanie McMahon get
better lookin every day?

froggy105

Sounds like wrestling is getting interesting again. What happened to all of WCW's old stars-- Goldberg, Kevin Nash, Scott Hall, Hogan, Macho Man, etc...?

Joe C

Goldberg and Nash are still under contract by Time-Warner so they would be foolish to comeback when they are getting paid big money
for staying at home,Hogan I believe is starting his own company,Scott Hall is wrestling in Japan and I think Macho man is retired.

froggy105

Thanks. How did WCW go under? Just not enough financial support or fan interest I am guessing. This is all so much different from when I stopped watching.

PhoneMan

I said in an earlier post that the I heard the plan was to have WCW replace RAW on Mondays and Raw would move in with Smackdown. I believe that has to do with certain wrestlers not partaking in this little invasion scenario. A buddy of mine nailed the ECW thing a couple of weeks back I wasn't buying into it though(typical for me) Looking back it was pretty plain as day with the set up of the alligance to protect the WWF with mostly ECW guys that were floundering in the WWF(except the dudleys) Anybody happen to notice one missing wrestler form the ECW clan? Spike. How is this going to tie intot his plan. Vince, whether you like him or not the guy has a plane for everything. Allhis top dogs are basically on the shelf(HHH, the Rock, Stone Cold,somewhat)so what better way to marke ratings with this invasion angle.....

Joe C

Phoneman Spike is hurt,some kinda of a leg injury,he did participate in a little action last night,but he'll be out for awhile as far
as heavy duty stuff.

THE WIZARD

I agree with you boys (E-stud,Phil and Bobby) I poped huge aswell.Joe ,Steph McMahon????????? Her face looks like my ass with make up on it!!!! I cant find anything attractive about her but thee again thats just my opinion.Love is blind but the neighbours aint!!

green monster

from wwf.com website. wwf and marcus "buff" bagwell part company. good riddance!!! one less overpaid no talent steroid freak in the wwf. when is vinny "mac" going to get serious about testing these guys for steroids.the worst steroid abuser in wrestling is "poppa pump" steiner. he looks disgusting. i would lay odds he won't live to 50 with his overly muscular steroid physique.

Joe C

Watching both federations you can see the difference as far as the WWF guys being better prepared and just better athletically,
that being said WCW guys will improve and
working with pro's like Angle,Austin,Taker and eventually the Rock,not to mention Kane and alot of other guys as well,only will enhance there performances and work ethic,I
read alot of stuff regarding wrestling and the common theme amongst WCW people is the
hard work and dedication that WWF guys employ every show,as well as proper preparation and working together as a team,it
seems alot of that was missing before.

froggy105

I had the pleasure of seeing Big Poppa Pump live a few years ago on WCW Nitro and he is very sick looking. What happened to him?