Super Sunday

Elite

I have tossed and turned about how to play this game all week like most of you undoubtedly, it’s not an easy game to handicap so I would ask everyone to tread lightly after all it is just one game on a full board of betting opportunities today even though it is the Super Bowl.......................

Tampa Bay Buccaneers +3 ***

I bet against these Bucs in both their games vs the Saints and the Pack because I believed those were better teams and perhaps they were but I had to eat crow both times as these Bucs pulled through both times, I’m not making the same mistake again. I was critical of their D line and secondary because if u looked at their performance throughout the season it seemed that it wasn’t the strength of their squad, but we must give credit to this outstanding coaching staff for developing these units to the point where it could be argued that those units have been the high point of their playoff run. The O line has been nothing short of outstanding in their playoff run and I believe that unit vs a depleted O line with two outstanding fixtures led by pro bowler Eric Fisher will be difficult for KC to deal with today. Add to that Patrick Mahomes turf toe injury which is a time bomb waiting to happen on any play as it is an aggravating condition which takes months to fully heal and can be a factor in this game, especially with a QB who may need to scramble more today with a depleted O line. I believe the Bucs are coming in to this game in better shape than the Chiefs when it comes to their personnel and feel that they will have a size advantage on the line of scrimmage and that was a deciding factor in my play here, I also feel that the events of this past week with Andy Reed’s son have to be a distraction which most aren’t talking about. The final point I want to make is that setting this line at just 3 for this game tells me that the oddsmakers are begging you to take the Chiefs which also helped me come to my conclusion as I felt this line should have been 3.5 or 4. The key for Brady and the Bucs is to not turn the ball over, if they succeed in doing that they win this game so my play is on the Bucs +3 and I also recommend a money line play. Gl E

Old Dart

E - This is the bit that has kept me from taking a side to this point, even understanding books don’t want to open up the middle by going 3.5 to 2.5. BOL today.
The final point I want to make is that setting this line at just 3 for this game tells me that the oddsmakers are begging you to take the Chiefs which also helped me come to my conclusion as I felt this line should have been 3.5 or 4.

Elite

We should probably all be happy that we got a Super Bowl in this season of uncertainty and all in all the league did a great job to get us there so kudos to them. The first thing that came to mind after watching that beat down was how badly Bruce Arians outcoached Andy Reid in that game, the Bucs were putting constant pressure on Mahomes without even blitzing for the most part and Reid kept lining up 5 receivers without ever adjusting to protect his QB with extra protectors which was mind boggling considering that he was being smothered the whole game, and he stuck to that without adjustments even after half time? I wonder how much the distraction with his son’s accident really played into their preparation? I was probably most happy for Tom Brady who may have finally shed the ghost of Bill Belichick and will go down in history as a legendary figure for sure if he already wasn’t. I also want to thank all the great posters and well wishers which make this community the absolute best anywhere and I will look forward to contributing again in my small way next season, so thanks to all and we will see you back next season when the pigskin flys again. E