Tues Bos @ Montreal

The Radster

I'm a little ahead of things here, but can anyone tell me why I shouldn't hop on the Over 5 at +110 for this game? (Olympic)
7 goals in Game 1 and 10 goals in game 2.

Looks like a play on the Over to me.

abbuck

Tough one to call right now. Montreal will have to play good D as they can not win games going down 4-0 everynight. Theodore will want to make up for his play against them last game, and MTL seems to play closer tighter checking games at home.

Its also hard to bet against a streak, & Dafoe has shown nothing as of yet, so I'm a little stuck!??

GL with whatever you choose, but right now I'm leaning to the under...of course its a small lean :D

GLTA

The Radster

yes, that's true abbuck, plus the change in venue usually changes the game's complexion, so I don't know, you may be right.

Habs were winning games on defense at the end of the season so they may revert back to that type of game.

Gonna play the Over anyway for the value and hope the trend continues.

BALDY

you never know what could happen ,i played the trend play over on the detroit/ vancover game sunday and it endd in an under

The Radster

that's true Bald one, I was thinking that the venue change could be the downfall of the Mon/Bos Over pick.

Difference in this series is that it's tied 1-1 whereas the Det/Van series was 2-0 so the Wings had to change something to win. Montreal have proven in Game 1 that they can win a shoot-out.

It's likely a 50-50 crap shoot but I'll grab the plus money on a strong trend.

(having said that, Murphy's law of Over/Unders will kick in, and I can see it now, 0-0 end of 2 :( )

signed ..."even Balder One" (me!)

Hawk2

Hey Rad, fancy seeing you over here! Is this Theodore's 1st career playoff game at home? If so, do you think it will affect him ... either good or bad?

cover

Montreal-Boston have met 7 times this year including the regular season, and not 1 meetings has stayed Under 5 goals

a hockey fan

Tues Bos @ Mtl

Hey guy's I just wanted to say BOL 2 all in that game, and I am going with the under in it, I agree that Montreal needs to improve their Defensive play ,and so does Boston, both teams have a lot of turnovers, and Montreal I think will learn that they can't fall behind 4 - o early and come back to win, Also I feel they are relying on Theodore too much ,and maybe a goaltending change would help them, or maybe I am just crazy to think that. Final score for tommorow Mtl 3 Bos 1

The Radster

hey Hawk

Yep I'm always over here in mind and spirit, just haven't suggested any plays!

As Cover said, not one has been under, that's good enough for me.

Yeah, Theo was hot at the end of the season..and he may just come out big for the home fans, but it doesn't take much to get to 5, 2-2 and we don't lose.

AHF well, at 3-1 Bos may pull their goalie, and we'll get to 5 that way with the EN. Happened tonight Phil pulled their goalie when down 2 to Ott.

Thanks for all the thoughts guys.

cover

Ironically, as much as they wanted home ice for the playoffs, now that they're headed to the Molson Centre, they believe the psychology of playing away from the FleetCenter will actually help them defensively.

''I think we'll be a lot sounder in our own end, going into Montreal,'' said goaltender Byron Dafoe, who was outstanding in the first two contests. ''It's kind of the nature of the game when you play on the road: It's not as aggressive and more contained. I think that's what you might expect to see out of us. We've played well in the building and well on the road. It's baby steps, and [Game 2] was a good step in the right direction.''

cover

Now the Canadiens must improve their play in the neutral zone, where they were constantly outnumbered on Sunday, while tightening up on defence. It should come as no surprise that a team that was outshot in 62 of 82 regular-season games has been outshot by Boston in both playoff games.

"It's a good thing to produce some offence, but I still believe the team that plays better defensively and wins the tight games will win the series," Koivu said. "We have to play smarter defensively."

badger

Something else to consider. Three of these first round series were over the first two games-Det/Van, Col/LA, and Mon/Bos. Game 3 of Det/Van and LA/Col each went under after the change in venue. It's hard to bet against the streak and the over is certainly calling on this one, but I'm going to pass.